Wisconsin CPE Requirements
BOARD INFORMATION FOR REFERRALS:
Wisconsin Accounting Examining Board
4822 Madison Yards Way
Madison, Wisconsin 53705
Phone: (608) 266-2112
Fax: (608) 267-3816
DO PES COURSES QUALIFY FOR CPE IN THE STATE OF WISCONSIN? YES!
The Board does not have any specific sponsorship approval / registration requirements. They do state that qualifying learning activities include "completing self-study courses developed by vendors". Professional Education Services, LP (PES) is registered with NASBA (#103592) on the National Registry of CPE sponsors and has issued credits in all other states without any problems.
LICENSE RENEWAL INFORMATION:
- 80 hours / 2 years.
- At least 20 hours must be completed during each 12-month period of the CPE compliance period.
- Not less that 40 of the total hours must be from formal learning activities. (PLEASE NOTE: self-study courses qualify as formal learning activities).
- 3 hours of the CPE credit from the formal learning activities shall be in ethics. Any PES general ethics course will meet this requirement. PLEASE NOTE: if you take a total of 4 hour in ethics, the additional hour can be applied to the overall 80 hour CPE requirement or ethics CPE can be carried forward to the next compliance period so, 3 could be used for this renewal period, and the extra hour could be carried forward to the following compliance period (and then you would only need to get 2 hours in ethics for your next renewal). Refer to the Board for additional information.
LICENSE EXPIRATION INFORMATION:
- 12/15 odd years - next renewal due 12/15/2023
CPE COMPLETION DUE BY:
- The CPE compliance period is defined by the Board as the 2-year period immediately preceding the renewal date.
Currently that would be 12.15.2021 to 12.14.2023 (therefore - year 1 of the compliance period is: 12.15.2021 to 12.14.2022 / year 2 would be: 12.15.2022 to 12.14.2023).
SELF STUDY CREDIT HOURS:
Credits granted for PES courses are based on the AICPA and NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy) statement of standards which grant 1 CPE credit for every 50-minutes of study time. Wisconsin recognizes the same credit measurement.
MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE SELF STUDY CREDITS: 100%
ACCEPTABLE AREAS OF STUDY:
Not specifically defined by the Board of Accountancy.
NASBA FIELD OF STUDY SYNOPSIS: As there are no defined fields of acceptable study, all of the current NASBA fields of study noted on PES completion certificates should be reportable.
If you have any questions regarding your CPE requirements, please call PES at 1-800-990-2731 or your State board. PLEASE NOTE: Since state board regulations are constantly changing, the information contained here is deemed reliable however it is not guaranteed. We encourage you to contact your state board to answer any questions and confirm or clarify any requirements listed here. Information updated 03.31.22