Oklahoma CPE Requirements
BOARD INFORMATION FOR REFERRALS:
Oklahoma Accountancy Board
201 NW 63rd St. Ste. 210
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73116
Phone: (405) 521-2397
Fax: (405) 521-3118
DO PES COURSES QUALIFY FOR CPE IN THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA? YES!
Self-study CPE must be completed from NASBA sponsors or the AICPA and related organizations per the Board. Professional Education Services, LP (PES) is registered with NASBA (#103592) on the National Registry of CPE sponsors and has issued credits in the state of Oklahoma without any problems.
LICENSE RENEWAL INFORMATION:
- 120 hours over a 3 year period - this is a rolling calendar, meaning that 120 hours must be earned and reported in each rolling three-year reporting period
- Minimum of 20 hours per calendar year
- 4 hours of Professional Ethics earned in each rolling 3 year calendar period. This means that at any time you should be able to show a total of 4 credits in ethics in any three-year calendar period. This can be met through a state specific course 4750: Ethics and Professional Conduct for Oklahoma CPAs (2 Hr) or 4755: Ethics and Professional Conduct for Oklahoma CPAs (4 Hr), a general ethics course or another state specific course and/or any combination of such courses.
- If a certificate or license holder's main area of employment is industry and the certificate or license holder holds a permit to practice, at least 72 of the 120 hours within a rolling 3 calendar year period must be in subjects related to the practice of public accounting and they must complete a minimum of 8 hours in the areas of taxation, accounting or assurance per calendar year.
- Any CPA/PA involved in the supervision or review of compilation engagements for third party reliance must earn/report at least four (4) hours of Compilation CPE yearly. To satisfy the requirement, the coursework must cover compilations specifically. This requirement is waived if the certificate holder works for a firm currently enrolled in a peer review program with an approved sponsor, or is a sole proprietor currently enrolled in a peer review program with an approved sponsor. Course #6210: Practice Issues - Compilation and Review can be used to fulfill this requirement however you should request that the certificate be split on hours or that a letter be included with your certificate stating that 4 of the 20 hours were specifically in the area of compilations. Course #7855: Compilation and Review Standards: SSARS Nos. 21-25 can be used to fulfill this requirement however you should request that the certificate be split on hours or that a letter be included with your certificate stating that 4 of the 12 hours were specifically in the area of compilations.
PERMIT TERM AND EXPIRATION INFORMATION:
- Annually based on birth month.
CPE COMPLETION DUE BY:
- CPE is completed on a calendar year basis (1/1 to 12/31 annually)
SELF STUDY CREDIT HOURS:
Credits granted for PES courses are based on the AICPA and NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy) statement of standards which grant 1 CPE credit for every 50-minutes of study time. Oklahoma recognizes the same credit measurement.
MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE SELF STUDY CREDITS: 100%
ACCEPTABLE AREAS OF STUDY:
Accounting, assurance / auditing, consulting services, specialized knowledge and applications, management, taxation and ethics. Other subjects including personal development may also be acceptable if they maintain and or improve the registrant’s professional competence.
NASBA FIELD OF STUDY SYNOPSIS: All NASBA fields of study can be equated to an area specifically stated in the Board regulations therefore, all codes on PES certificate of completion should be able to be reported.
If you have any questions regarding your CPE requirements, please call PES at 1-800-990-2731 or your State board. PLEASE NOTE: Since state board regulations are constantly changing, the information contained here is deemed reliable however it is not guaranteed. We encourage you to contact your state board to answer any questions and confirm or clarify any requirements listed here. Information updated 03.22.22