Nevada CPE Requirements
BOARD INFORMATION FOR REFERRALS:
Nevada State Board of Accountancy
1325 Airmotive Way, Suite 220
Reno, Nevada 89502
Phone: (775) 786-0231
Fax: (775) 786-0234
DO PES COURSES QUALIFY FOR CPE IN THE STATE OF NEVADA? YES!
Nevada does not pre-approve continuing education programs or sponsors and they DO NOT have sponsorship agreements. They will accept courses from NASBA sponsors. Professional Education Services, LP (PES) is registered with NASBA (#103592) on the National Registry of CPE sponsors and has issued credits in the state of Nevada without any problems.
LICENSE RENEWAL INFORMATION:
- 80 hours over a 2 year period. This is a rolling 2 year period ending every 12/31. Meaning that annually the CPA needs to report 80 hours of CPE over the past two calendar years.
- Minimum of 20 hours required every year
- 4 hours of ethics must be reported every 2 years. PES course 4305: Ethics and Professional Conduct for Nevada CPAs can be used to fulfill this requirement as can any PES general ethics course.
- 8 hours of CPE in A&A is required for CPAs who plan, direct or perform a substantial portion of work or report on an audit, review, full disclosure compilation or attestation service of a non-government agency. The 8 hours is required to be in the same year the work is done. Please refer to the Board website listed above if you have any specific questions.
LICENSE EXPIRATION INFORMATION:
- Expires annually on 12/31.
CPE COMPLETION DUE BY:
- CPE must be completed by 12/31 and reported by 1/31.
SELF STUDY CREDIT HOURS:
Credits granted for PES courses are based on the AICPA and NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy) statement of standards which grant 1 CPE credit for every 50-minutes of study time. Nevada recognizes the same credit measurement.
MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE SELF STUDY CREDITS: 100%
ACCEPTABLE AREAS OF STUDY:
Regulation states: Courses qualify as long as they "adhere to the standards established by NASBA" (which PES does) and they "contribute to a growth in professional knowledge and the competence of a person engaged in the practice of public accounting."
Areas include: Accounting and Auditing; Taxation; Management; Computer Science; Communication Arts; Mathematics, Statistics, Probability and Quantitative Applications in Business; Economics; Business Law, Functional Fields of Business, including Finance, Production, Marketing, Personnel Relations, and Business Management and Organization; Specialized areas of Industry, including the film industry, real estate and farming; and Administrative Practice, including engagement letters and personnel. Subjects other than those listed may be acceptable if the applicant can demonstrate that they contribute to his or her professional competence.
NASBA FIELD OF STUDY SYNOPSIS: The fields of study specifically listed by the NV Board can all be equated to a NASBA Field of Study. Therefore all field of study noted on PES certificates of completion can be reported for NV CPE.
If you have any questions regarding your CPE requirements, please call PES at 1-800-990-2731 or your State board. PLEASE NOTE: Since state board regulations are constantly changing, the information contained here is deemed reliable however it is not guaranteed. We encourage you to contact your state board to answer any questions and confirm or clarify any requirements listed here. Information updated 3.29.2023