Loading

Nebraska CPE Requirements


Nebraska CPE Requirements


BOARD INFORMATION FOR REFERRALS:

Nebraska State Board of Public Accountancy
PO BOX 94725
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-4725
Phone: (402) 471-3595
Fax: (402) 471-4484
Website: www.nbpa.ne.gov

DO PES COURSES QUALIFY FOR CPE IN THE STATE OF NEBRASKA? YES!

Nebraska will accept (but does not require) courses from NASBA sponsors. Professional Education Services, LP (PES) is registered with NASBA (#103592) on the National Registry of CPE sponsors and has issued credits in the state of Nebraska without any problems.

LICENSE RENEWAL INFORMATION:

  • 80 hours every 2 years
  • 4 hours of ethics required every reporting period. PES course 4105: Ethics and Professional Conduct for Nebraska CPAs can be used to fulfill this requirement as can any general ethics course.
  • The board recommends, but does not require, that any licensee performing audits, review or compilations obtain a minimum of 40% in accounting and auditing.
  • The board recommends that not more than thirty (30%) of CPE courses be taken in non-technical areas.
  • The board has stated that 16 hours (20%) of self-determined personal development courses that relate to the CPA's current employment can be reported as long as the remaining 64 hours (80%) are completed in technical areas directly related to the practice of public accountancy.

LICENSE EXPIRATION INFORMATION:

  • 6/30 odd or even based on year of birth.

CPE COMPLETION DUE BY:

  • CPE must be completed by 12/31 of year prior to expiration and reported by 1/31 of expiration year.

SELF STUDY CREDIT HOURS:

Credits granted for PES courses are based on the AICPA and NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy) statement of standards which grant 1 CPE credit for every 50-minutes of study time. Nebraska recognizes the same credit measurement.

MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE SELF STUDY CREDITS: 40 Hours

Registrants may claim up to 40 hours for formal self-study programs in any renewal period.

ACCEPTABLE AREAS OF STUDY:

Programs selected should contribute directly to his or her professional competency to practice public accountancy. Acceptable programs include those related to the performance or offer to perform professional services. The Board currently accepts NASBA approved sponsors for acceptable subject matter and programs.

NASBA FIELD OF STUDY SYNOPSIS: All of the current NASBA fields of study noted on PES certificates of completion can be reported.

If you have any questions regarding your CPE requirements, please call PES at 1-800-990-2731 or your State board. PLEASE NOTE: Since state board regulations are constantly changing, the information contained here is deemed reliable however it is not guaranteed. We encourage you to contact your state board to answer any questions and confirm or clarify any requirements listed here. Information updated 07.13.2021.