Kansas CPE Requirements
BOARD INFORMATION FOR REFERRALS:
Kansas Board of Accountancy
Landon State Office Building
900 SW Jackson, Suite 556
Topeka, Kansas 66612-1239
Phone: (785) 296-2162
Fax: (785) 291-3501
DO PES COURSES QUALIFY FOR CPE IN THE STATE OF KANSAS? YES!
Self-study CPE sponsors must be registered with NASBA or be approved by a state society or the AICPA. Professional Education Services, LP (PES) is registered with NASBA (#103592) on the National Registry of CPE sponsors and has issued credits in the state of Kansas without any problems.
LICENSE RENEWAL INFORMATION:
- 80 hours every 2 years
- 2 hourse of professional ethics. PES course 4950: Ethics and Professional Conduct for Kansas CPAs as well as our general ethics and/or any other state specific ethics course can be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Personal development CPE program hours cannot exceed 30 percent (24 hours).
- If specifically licensed as a Municipal Public Accountant:
- A minimum of 16 hours/year
- A minimum of 8 hours in municipal accounting and auditing/year
LICENSE EXPIRATION INFORMATION:
- Registrants with odd numbered license number shall register 6/30 in odd years.
- Registrants with even numbered license number shall register 6/30 in even years.
CPE COMPLETION DUE BY:
- CPE must be completed by 6/30 of the specific renewal year.
SELF STUDY CREDIT HOURS:
Credits granted for PES courses are based on the AICPA and NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy) statement of standards which grant 1 CPE credit for every 50-minutes of study time. Kansas recognizes the same credit measurement.
MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE SELF STUDY CREDITS: 100%
ACCEPTABLE AREAS OF STUDY:
Kansas Regulation States: Programs in accounting, auditing, consulting services, specialized knowledge and applications, taxation, management of a practice, ethics, or personal development.
NASBA FIELD OF STUDY SYNOPSIS: The fields of study specifically listed by the Board can all be equated to a NASBA field of study. Therefore all fields of study noted on PES certificates should be able to be reported.
If you have any questions regarding your CPE requirements, please call PES at 1-800-990-2731 or your State board. PLEASE NOTE: Since state board regulations are constantly changing, the information contained here is deemed reliable however it is not guaranteed. We encourage you to contact your state board to answer any questions and confirm or clarify any requirements listed here. Information updated 03.18.22