Arkansas CPE Requirements
BOARD INFORMATION FOR REFERRALS:
Arkansas State Board of Accountancy
900 W Capitol, Suite 400
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
Phone: (501) 682-1520
DO PES COURSES QUALIFY FOR CPE IN THE STATE OF ARKANSAS? YES!
The Arkansas board requires providers to register with NASBA. PES is a registered sponsor with NASBA and has issued credits in the state of Arkansas without any problems.
LICENSE RENEWAL INFORMATION:
- 40 hours within the 12 months immediately preceding license renewal or 120 hours within the prior 36 months.
- Licensees engaged in the practice of public accounting shall complete at least 40% (16 hr/yr) of the required hours in the subject areas of: accounting, accounting ethics, attest, or taxation. Licensees not engaged in the pratice of public accounting shall complete at least 20% of the hours in the subject areas of: accounting, accounting ethics, attest, or taxation. (See ACCEPTABLE AREAS OF STUDY below)
- License holders engaged in compilation, review, agreed-upon procedures and/or audit engagements must complete at least 20% in subject areas of attest and accounting theory practice.
- License holders must complete at least 4 hours of CPE in the area of accounting professional conduct and ethics during the 36-months immediately preceding the expiration date of their current license. These 4 hours MUST include one hour of ASBPA specific content. Therefore:
- The one hour of ASBPA specific content may be satisfied by completing a free web based course via the Board's website or attending group training taught specifically by a board member, board staff member or a designee of the Board. Refer to the Board's website listed above for information regarding this course.
- The other three hours can be fulfilled either by the PES course 4655: General Ethics for Arkansas CPAs or via any general ethics course.
- Minimum 20% (8 hrs/yr) of hours must be in group study: includes webinars, conferences and/or classroom presentations.
LICENSE EXPIRATION INFORMATION:
- Registrants must register annually by 12/31.
CPE COMPLETION DUE BY:
- CPE must be completed on or preceding license expiration date of 12/31.
SELF STUDY CREDIT HOURS:
Credits granted for PES courses are based on the AICPA and NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy) statement of standards which grant 1 CPE credit for every 50-minutes of study time. Arkansas recognizes the same credit measurement.
MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE SELF STUDY CREDITS: 80%
(This limitation is a combination of self-study as well as articles, books or CPE programs written by the licensee. Therefore, if you do not author articles, books or CPE programs, you can take all 80% in self-study.) Registrants may claim up to 80% of their CPE hours in formal self-study programs in any renewal period.
ACCEPTABLE AREAS OF STUDY:
The Board recognizes the "acceptable areas of study" listed by NASBA. Programs in the following subject areas are not acceptable continuing education: spirituality, personal health and/or fitness, sports and recreation, foreign languages and culters and other subjects which will ot contribute directly to the professional competence of the licensee..
If you have any questions regarding your CPE requirements, please call PES at 1-800-990-2731 or your State board. PLEASE NOTE: Since state board regulations are constantly changing, the information contained here is deemed reliable however it is not guaranteed. We encourage you to contact your state board to answer any questions and confirm or clarify any requirements listed here. Information updated 03.11.22